Our work at the site began in January and was due to be completed in March, but was put on on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, the team got back on the job after a new risk assessment was carried out when social distancing regulations were eased. All operations were completed on July 31st.
When Apollo began work, the building on site was just a shell. Through our project, it was totally reconfigured to create a facility that is a leap forward for the company and a landmark scheme for the housing sector.
It features an innovation lab to test new technology, an upcycling department for furniture, modern office space and meeting rooms, welfare facilities for staff and visitors, and an ecology centre with classrooms for local children. The site will also be energy self-sufficient.
Apollo’s work included:
- Fitting a new L1 fire alarm system.
- A full fire risk assessment, passive fire-stopping work and fire-door installation
- Full renovation of office space including new floors and carpets. Designs were inspired by Thirteen’s newly-refurbed office in Hudson Key, Middlesbrough to give the business a brand identity through its premises.
- All doors and windows were serviced, renovated and given a new colour scheme to match Thirteen’s branding.
- A complete overhaul of air conditioning and ventilation systems.
- Full LED lighting upgrade to fit with the client’s vision for energy efficiency.
Scott Lowther, Group Director of Facilities Management – Thirteen Group said: “Thirteen Group teamed up with Apollo FM in order to deliver a groundbreaking and state-of-the-art recycling and ecology centre, the first of its kind in the housing sector.
“From very early on it was clear we were listened to and supported by a company who prides itself in delivering the project to the highest possible standards whilst being conscious of cost.
“In short, they made this easy, delivered on cost and safely (despite the pandemic). From a client’s perspective, that is ideal.”
Apollo FM was delighted to be awarded our first contract with Thirteen, which we consider to be one of the most prestigious companies in the property sector.
That took a lot of hard work from the team, and we are pleased to announce that our high standard of work on site has led to the acquisition of new business – a project HQ at Northshore in Stockton-on-Tees. We hope this is just the start of a mutually-prosperous relationship with Thirteen that lasts for many more.