Client: Thirteen Group
An exciting project for Apollo was a leap forward for the Thirteen Group and a landmark scheme for the housing sector.
Thirteen – a landlord and housing developer operating between North Tyneside and York managing 34,000 properties – opened its state-of-the-art, environmental centre in Billingham to revolutionise the way it handles waste.
When Apollo began work, the building on site was just a shell, but our work completely reconfigured the site to create a safe, modern workplace for the Thirteen team.
Apollo’s work included:
- Fitting a new L1 fire alarm system.
- A full fire risk assessment, passive fire-stopping work and fire-door installation
- Full renovation of office space including new floors and carpets. Designs were inspired by Thirteen’s newly-refurbed office in Hudson Key, Middlesbrough to give the business a brand identity through its premises.
- All doors and windows were serviced, renovated and given a new colour scheme to match Thirteen’s branding.
- A complete overhaul of air conditioning and ventilation systems.
- Full LED lighting upgrade to fit with the client’s vision for energy self-sufficiency.
The finished project includes an innovation lab to test new technology, an upcycling department for furniture, modern office space and meeting rooms, welfare facilities for staff and visitors, and an ecology centre with classrooms for local children. The site is also a base for Thirteen’s estate services team working in the North East of England between Newcastle and York.
The COVID-19 pandemic delayed the completion of the Recycling Centre, but following a new risk assessment, the work was finished without going over budget.
Scott Lowther, Group Director of Facilities Management – Thirteen Group said: “Thirteen Group teamed up with Apollo FM in order to deliver a groundbreaking and state-of-the-art recycling and ecology centre, the first of its kind in the housing sector.
“From very early on it was clear we were listened to and supported by a company who prides itself in delivering the project to the highest possible standards whilst being conscious of cost.
“In short, they made this easy, delivered on cost and safely (despite the pandemic). From a client’s perspective, that is ideal.”